When inquiring into any matter the Commission shall exercise powers as vested in a Civil Court while trying a suit under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908. The important powers, thus, entrusted to the Commission are:
- Summoning, enforcing the personal attendance, compelling for oral or written evidence on oath and producing documents or things;
- Inspection and discovery of documents;
- Receiving evidences on affidavits;
- Requisitioning any public records or copies;
- Issuing summons for examination of witnesses or documents.